Summer Research Application
NSF IPAN Scholar Application
Application for IPAN 2020 closed on January 31st, 2020.
Take part in the future of neurotechnology and neuroscience in a one-of-a-kind summer experience for undergraduate and graduate students. See 2020 flyer
- Applicants must be available to participate continuously in this program from June 7 through August 5, 2020.
- IPAN Scholars will receive required onsite training in neurotechnology and neuroscience research directly from U.S. research staff in a one-week IPAN Summer Bootcamp from June 7-12, 2020 and participate in a final colloquia August 3- 5, 2020 in Ann Arbor, Michigan (USA).
- IPAN Scholars will study abroad from June 12 – August 2, 2020 at the University of Freiburg (Germany), Korea Institute of Science and Technology (Korea), or University of Hamburg (Germany) for a seven-week research opportunity (no background in German or Korean necessary). Students are assigned their research location by NSF IPAN Directors and IPAN SURE Partners and may not request a specific research location.
- The program will cover travel and housing expenses for IPAN Scholars and provide a living stipend ($6,000) and travel and overseas health insurance.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.2 and be enrolled in a nationally accredited engineering program (preferably electrical engineering or biomedical engineering) or neuroscience major/program.
- Students supported with NSF funds must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or its possessions.
- Applications are due Friday, January 31st, 2020.
Application for IPAN 2020 is now closed.